Cong high command dissolves Bihar PCC executive
New Delhi: After the removal of former PCC
chief and AICC in-charge for poll-bound Bihar last month, the
Congress central leadership today dissolved the PCC executive
and team of office bearers of the state unit.
Only ex-MLC Ajay Kumar Singh will function as treasurer
of the PCC along with its newly-elected President Mehboob Ali
Kaisar, a party release issued by AICC general secretary and
media department chief Janardan Dwivedi said.
Party President Sonia Gandhi also constituted a new
election committee, coordination committee, manifesto
committee, media committee and publicity committee for the
state, where assembly elections are to be held in next few
months as the term of the current state Assembly expires on
State PCC chief Anil Sharma and AICC in-charge Jagdish
Tytler were removed from their posts last month after their
internal differences reached a flash point.
While Kaisar, a relatively young Muslim leader was made
the new PCC chief, Union Minister Mukul Wasnik, who is from
the Dalit community replaced Tytler.
After Uttar Pradesh, Bihar is also on the radar of AICC
general secretary Rahul Gandhi and the youth brigade of the
young leader is likely to play a key role in the Assembly
elections in the state, where Congress has decided to go
Sources in the party said the changes in the party
organisation has been made to infuse a newness in it and
members of all castes and communities have been given
representation in it.
Congress has constituted an 24-member election committee
chaired by the PCC chief Kaisar, while Wasnik will head the 20
member coordination committee. Former MP Ranjit Ranjan, wife
of Pappu Yadav has been made the Vice President of the
11-member media committee headed by Prem Chand Mishra.
Kripanath Pathak heads the 18-member publicity committee
while LP Shahi chairs the manifesto committee, which has equal
number of members.
The new committees have been constituted ahead of party
president Sonia Gandhi`s proposed visit to the poll-bound
state next month.
The party has already begun its elections preparations
in the state, with union ministers visiting different parts of
the state separately to gear up the party workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state