Cong hits out at Nitish govt over rise in police atrocities
Patna: Days after bailing out the Nitish Kumar government, Congress in Bihar on Tuesday hit out at the JD(U) government for the spurt in cases of police atrocities.
"The tremendous rise in cases of police atrocities in recent days has made police in Bihar people unfriendly," state Congress President Ashok Chaudhary was quoted as saying in a party release.
The PCC chief described the recent custodial death in Jamui as "criminal act".
Chaudhary said the suspension of two cops was not sufficient and they should be booked in a murder case.
Referring to police excesses in Jamui, Bagha and earlier in Forbesganj, the PCC chief said it appears that police in the state have gone "out of control."
He urged Kumar to initiate steps in this regard because such approach of the police towards public would trigger anger among masses and situation could deteriorate.
"The government will be responsible for such bad condition," he said.
The criticism come days after Congress had bailed out Nitish Kumar`s government in trust vote after JD(U) parted ways with BJP.
Congress General Secretary and in-charge of Bihar affairs C P Joshi had said that voting in favour of Nitish Kumar was "tactical" and the party would not hesitate to agitate against his government on public issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you