Cong, LJP welcome CBI probe in Ranvir Sena chief
Patna: Opposition Congress and LJP on Wednesday welcomed the state government`s decision to recommend a CBI probe in the murder of Ranvir Sena chief Brahmeshwar Singh alias Mukhiyaji in Bhojpur district last week even as the CPI(ML)-Liberation disapproved the decision.
The state government has rightly recommended for a CBI probe in Ranvir Sena chief murder case even though the decision was a delayed one, Bihar Pradesh Congress Committee (BPCC) spokesman V K Thakur said in a statement.
The violence and arson by the supporters of Ranvir Sena could have been avoided had the state government decided to recommend a CBI probe on the day of the murder of Mukhiyaji, he said.
Another opposition party CPI(ML)-Liberation has criticised the state government for recommending CBI probe into the Ranvir Sena chief`s murder case and showed that the action has shown its `partial` attitude towards the upper caste.
"Not only that the state government allowed the Sena supporters to let loose a reign of terror in Bhojpur and Patna districts, but has also given in to their demand for a CBI probe in the murder case," CPI(ML)-Liberation leaders Kunal and Santosh Sahar said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion