Cong, LJP welcome CBI probe in Ranvir Sena chief
Patna: Opposition Congress and LJP on Wednesday welcomed the state government`s decision to recommend a CBI probe in the murder of Ranvir Sena chief Brahmeshwar Singh alias Mukhiyaji in Bhojpur district last week even as the CPI(ML)-Liberation disapproved the decision.
The state government has rightly recommended for a CBI probe in Ranvir Sena chief murder case even though the decision was a delayed one, Bihar Pradesh Congress Committee (BPCC) spokesman V K Thakur said in a statement.
The violence and arson by the supporters of Ranvir Sena could have been avoided had the state government decided to recommend a CBI probe on the day of the murder of Mukhiyaji, he said.
Another opposition party CPI(ML)-Liberation has criticised the state government for recommending CBI probe into the Ranvir Sena chief`s murder case and showed that the action has shown its `partial` attitude towards the upper caste.
"Not only that the state government allowed the Sena supporters to let loose a reign of terror in Bhojpur and Patna districts, but has also given in to their demand for a CBI probe in the murder case," CPI(ML)-Liberation leaders Kunal and Santosh Sahar said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital