Cong, LJP welcome CBI probe in Ranvir Sena chief
Patna: Opposition Congress and LJP on Wednesday welcomed the state government`s decision to recommend a CBI probe in the murder of Ranvir Sena chief Brahmeshwar Singh alias Mukhiyaji in Bhojpur district last week even as the CPI(ML)-Liberation disapproved the decision.
The state government has rightly recommended for a CBI probe in Ranvir Sena chief murder case even though the decision was a delayed one, Bihar Pradesh Congress Committee (BPCC) spokesman V K Thakur said in a statement.
The violence and arson by the supporters of Ranvir Sena could have been avoided had the state government decided to recommend a CBI probe on the day of the murder of Mukhiyaji, he said.
Another opposition party CPI(ML)-Liberation has criticised the state government for recommending CBI probe into the Ranvir Sena chief`s murder case and showed that the action has shown its `partial` attitude towards the upper caste.
"Not only that the state government allowed the Sena supporters to let loose a reign of terror in Bhojpur and Patna districts, but has also given in to their demand for a CBI probe in the murder case," CPI(ML)-Liberation leaders Kunal and Santosh Sahar said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman