Cong MLAs creates ruckus in assembly over suspension
Patna: Seven MLAs of Congress including Legislature Party leader Ashok Kumar and state party chief Choudhary Mehboob Ali Kaiser on Friday created ruckus in Bihar
assembly seeking revocation of suspension of 67 MLAs of opposition parties.
As the house assembled for the day, Congress MLAs were seen requesting speaker Udai Narayan Choudhary to reconsider his "arbitrary and unilateral decision" on suspension and run the house with the support of the opposition.
Choudhary insisted that he had to discharge his duties in accordance with the rules and asked the agitated members to return to their seats and place an official proposal on what
they wanted to say for consideration.
They, however, did not listen and trooped to the well and when the speaker went ahead with the business of the house, Congress women members Sunila Devi and Sunita Devi
were seen pulling the reporter`s desk.
A couple of other party MLAs lifted two reporters chairs and kept them on the desk and continued shouting slogans, after which Health Minister NK Yadav said this reflected the
"real culture" of Congress.
After the zero-hour, Deputy Chief Minister SK Modi, who holds the finance portfolio, tabled the CAG report for the period ended March 31, 2009 for referring to the Public
Accounts Committee of the house for consideration.
The Speaker then adjourned the house till lunch recess.
Earlier, Modi called for deduction of salary and allowances of the suspended MLAs for their unruly behaviour.
The Speaker on Wednesday suspended 67 MLAs of the opposition parties for causing disruption of the proceedings of the house and their unruly behaviour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune