Cong MLAs creates ruckus in assembly over suspension
Patna: Seven MLAs of Congress including Legislature Party leader Ashok Kumar and state party chief Choudhary Mehboob Ali Kaiser on Friday created ruckus in Bihar
assembly seeking revocation of suspension of 67 MLAs of opposition parties.
As the house assembled for the day, Congress MLAs were seen requesting speaker Udai Narayan Choudhary to reconsider his "arbitrary and unilateral decision" on suspension and run the house with the support of the opposition.
Choudhary insisted that he had to discharge his duties in accordance with the rules and asked the agitated members to return to their seats and place an official proposal on what
they wanted to say for consideration.
They, however, did not listen and trooped to the well and when the speaker went ahead with the business of the house, Congress women members Sunila Devi and Sunita Devi
were seen pulling the reporter`s desk.
A couple of other party MLAs lifted two reporters chairs and kept them on the desk and continued shouting slogans, after which Health Minister NK Yadav said this reflected the
"real culture" of Congress.
After the zero-hour, Deputy Chief Minister SK Modi, who holds the finance portfolio, tabled the CAG report for the period ended March 31, 2009 for referring to the Public
Accounts Committee of the house for consideration.
The Speaker then adjourned the house till lunch recess.
Earlier, Modi called for deduction of salary and allowances of the suspended MLAs for their unruly behaviour.
The Speaker on Wednesday suspended 67 MLAs of the opposition parties for causing disruption of the proceedings of the house and their unruly behaviour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- PHOTOS: BRUTAL! Randy Orton receives 10 staples after Brock Lesnar's assault at SummerSlam
- Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag appeals for peace in Kashmir
- Start dialogue process for peace in Kashmir, Ghulam Nabi Azad tells government
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan to be Sabyasachi's showstopper at LFW finale?
- This is what Arvind Kejriwal said for PM Narendra Modi after sedition case against Ramya