Cong MLAs creates ruckus in assembly over suspension
Patna: Seven MLAs of Congress including Legislature Party leader Ashok Kumar and state party chief Choudhary Mehboob Ali Kaiser on Friday created ruckus in Bihar
assembly seeking revocation of suspension of 67 MLAs of opposition parties.
As the house assembled for the day, Congress MLAs were seen requesting speaker Udai Narayan Choudhary to reconsider his "arbitrary and unilateral decision" on suspension and run the house with the support of the opposition.
Choudhary insisted that he had to discharge his duties in accordance with the rules and asked the agitated members to return to their seats and place an official proposal on what
they wanted to say for consideration.
They, however, did not listen and trooped to the well and when the speaker went ahead with the business of the house, Congress women members Sunila Devi and Sunita Devi
were seen pulling the reporter`s desk.
A couple of other party MLAs lifted two reporters chairs and kept them on the desk and continued shouting slogans, after which Health Minister NK Yadav said this reflected the
"real culture" of Congress.
After the zero-hour, Deputy Chief Minister SK Modi, who holds the finance portfolio, tabled the CAG report for the period ended March 31, 2009 for referring to the Public
Accounts Committee of the house for consideration.
The Speaker then adjourned the house till lunch recess.
Earlier, Modi called for deduction of salary and allowances of the suspended MLAs for their unruly behaviour.
The Speaker on Wednesday suspended 67 MLAs of the opposition parties for causing disruption of the proceedings of the house and their unruly behaviour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India