Congress accuses Nitish Kumar of misleading people on special status
Patna: A day after Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar slammed the UPA government for shelving the special status demand at the behest of its `natural` ally, the Congress hit back charging him with misleading the people on the issue and instigating them against it.
"Kumar is deliberately misleading the people and instigating them against the Congress-led UPA government by making baseless charge that the latter has shelved the special status demand by Bihar under the influence of its natural ally," Bihar Pradesh Congress Committee (BPCC) president Ashok Chaudhary said in a statement.
The Chief Minister has been consistently making baseless remarks that the Centre has shelved Bihar`s special status demand on the basis of the Raghuram Rajan panel report in spite of the fact that the report was under consideration of the Centre and the Planning Commission, he said.
The Raghuram Rajan panel report has neither been rejected nor withdrawn by the UPA government, Chaudhary said while rubbishing Kumar`s charge as `politically motivated` that the Centre has shelved the special status demand under influence of its `ally,` he said.
Reminding the Chief Minister that he had welcomed the Raghuram Rajan panel report wholeheartedly and thanked the Centre for the same, Chaudhary asked the former to explain the reason behind criticising the Centre for the past two weeks charging it with going back on its promise to accord special status to Bihar.
Making a rant against the Chief Minister, the BPCC president alleged that the former has become "unpopular" and has no issue other than the special status demand to woo the people in the general elections.
Chaudhary also reminded Kumar that contrary to his insinuations the Centre has given Rs 12,000 crore special package to Bihar, in addition to generous grants under other heads during its two terms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town