Congress challenges Nitish to sever ties with BJP
Patna: The Congress here on Sunday charged Chief
Minister Nitish Kumar with maintaining "baffling silence" on
the alleged involvement of RSS leader Indresh Kumar in the
Ajmer blast case and asked the JD(U) leader to severe ties
with the BJP if he claimed to be a secular leader.
Kumar should sever ties with BJP after the alleged
involvement of an RSS leader in the Ajmer blast case "or else
should stop claiming himself to be one (secular)," party
spokesman Prem Chandra Mishra told reporters here.
Kumar`s silence is "all the more baffling" in view of
his strong reaction after publication of his photograph
together with Gujarat counterpart Narendra Modi in June this
year, Mishra said.
AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi`s comments equating
RSS and SIMI as similar outfits was vindicated following the
reported inclusion of Indresh Kumar`s name in the chargesheet,
AICC president Sonia Gandhi and Rahul will visit Bihar
again to campaign for Congress candidates in the ongoing
Rahul will address three election meetings tomorrow,
while Sonia Gandhi will visit on October 28 and address two
election meetings, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in