Congress demands all-party meet on special status for Bihar
Patna: Congress in Bihar on Thursday accused Chief Minister Nitish Kumar of "not being serious" to acquire special category status for the state as he is not calling an all-party meeting to press for the demand before the centre.
"Congress is in favour of special status for Bihar, but it seems the CM is not serious to acquire this status," state Youth Congress President Lalan Kumar said in a statement here.
Lalan Kumar said the government should involve all the parties for seriously pursuing the issue with the central government.
Ruling JD(U) had organised an "Adhikar rally" on November four in support of its demand for special category status for Bihar to spur its economic growth.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview