Congress demands all-party meet on special status for Bihar
Patna: Congress in Bihar on Thursday accused Chief Minister Nitish Kumar of "not being serious" to acquire special category status for the state as he is not calling an all-party meeting to press for the demand before the centre.
"Congress is in favour of special status for Bihar, but it seems the CM is not serious to acquire this status," state Youth Congress President Lalan Kumar said in a statement here.
Lalan Kumar said the government should involve all the parties for seriously pursuing the issue with the central government.
Ruling JD(U) had organised an "Adhikar rally" on November four in support of its demand for special category status for Bihar to spur its economic growth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes