Congress demands all-party meet on special status for Bihar
Patna: Congress in Bihar on Thursday accused Chief Minister Nitish Kumar of "not being serious" to acquire special category status for the state as he is not calling an all-party meeting to press for the demand before the centre.
"Congress is in favour of special status for Bihar, but it seems the CM is not serious to acquire this status," state Youth Congress President Lalan Kumar said in a statement here.
Lalan Kumar said the government should involve all the parties for seriously pursuing the issue with the central government.
Ruling JD(U) had organised an "Adhikar rally" on November four in support of its demand for special category status for Bihar to spur its economic growth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack