Congress demands all-party meet on special status for Bihar
Patna: Congress in Bihar on Thursday accused Chief Minister Nitish Kumar of "not being serious" to acquire special category status for the state as he is not calling an all-party meeting to press for the demand before the centre.
"Congress is in favour of special status for Bihar, but it seems the CM is not serious to acquire this status," state Youth Congress President Lalan Kumar said in a statement here.
Lalan Kumar said the government should involve all the parties for seriously pursuing the issue with the central government.
Ruling JD(U) had organised an "Adhikar rally" on November four in support of its demand for special category status for Bihar to spur its economic growth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack