Congress has done "gross injustice" to Bihar: BJP
Patna: BJP on Saturday accused Congress of dishing
out "gross injustice" to Bihar during the 56-month NDA rule in
BJP spokesman Syed Shahnawaz Hussain told reporters here,
"This is for the first time in Independent India that
there is no representation of member from Bihar in the
He asked whether the Congress had any right to take
credit for the state`s development when there was no no
representation from the state in the Union ministry.
Criticising Congress Ministers at the Centre for
making "irresponsible" statements about central assistance to
Bihar, the BJP leader said the centre had denied the state`s
right to utilise the opportunities of investment worth crores
for manufacturing ethanol through sugarcane juice.
Similarly, the centre had blocked the way for
proposals for setting up thermal power projects in Bihar by
not providing required coal linkages, he said.
"The centre has restricted use of Ganga water for power
projects in Bihar which is yet another case of injustice", he
Asserting that development activities were put on rails
because of untiring efforts made by the NDA government led by
Nitish Kumar during the past 56 months, Hussain ridiculed the
Congress for taking credit for it "instead of seeking
He said the drastic cut in the Gross Budgetary Support
and plan heads by the Congress at the centre was yet another
glaring example of the neglect to the state.
Hussain said the Centre should declare a financial
package for drought-hit districts in Bihar before the model of
conduct for elections comes into force after Election
Commission declares the poll schedule.
On whether Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi too
would campaign for the alliance in Bihar, Hussain, while
evading a direct reply, said " every small to top worker
of BJP from Kanyakumari to Kashmir are in favour of pushing
the NDA to return to power again.
The BJP national executive, he said, would meet in
New Delhi on September 18 and 19 to chalk out electoral
strategy for Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you