Congress has outsourced governance to Raj Thackeray: Nitish Kumar
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday hit out at Congress saying it has outsourced governance to MNS chief Raj Thackeray in the wake of the latter`s comments against Bihari settlers in Mumbai.
"What can we do if Congress has outsourced governance to Thackeray," Kumar said and regretted lack of options with him to deal with the MNS chief for his provocative speech.
"It is for the Congress-led UPA government to deal with Thackeray," Kumar said.
He said neither Bihar government nor the people nursed any ill will towards the people of any state and instead wanted to unite the people of the country.
Kumar flayed the Maharashtra police for arresting one Abdul Qadir Ansari from his native Sitamarhi district without informing the local police.
He said the action was unjustified as there was a procedure laid down by the union home ministry that the police of a state must inform local police and seek its cooperation for arrest of an accused from other state.
Kumar said his government had earlier also lodged a
protest with the Karnataka government over the arrest of a suspected Indian Mujahideen operative from Darbhanga district.
Kumar said Bihar government and its police always cooperated with the police of other states when its cooperation was sought for arrest of an accused person.
On Shiv Sena`s criticism of the Bihar government and justification of the action of Mumbai police, the chief minister said JD(U) had no alliance with the Sena in Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi