Congress hits out at Nitish govt over rise in police atrocities
Patna: Days after bailing out the Nitish Kumar government, Congress in Bihar on Tuesday hit out at the JD(U) government for the spurt in cases of police atrocities.
"The tremendous rise in cases of police atrocities in recent days has made police in Bihar people unfriendly," state Congress President Ashok Chaudhary was quoted as saying in a party release.
The PCC chief described the recent custodial death in Jamui as "criminal act".
Chaudhary said the suspension of two cops was not sufficient and they should be booked in a murder case.
Referring to police excesses in Jamui, Bagha and earlier in Forbesganj, the PCC chief said it appears that police in the state have gone "out of control."
He urged Kumar to initiate steps in this regard because such approach of the police towards public would trigger anger among masses and situation could deteriorate.
"The government will be responsible for such bad condition," he said.
The criticism come days after Congress had bailed out Nitish Kumar`s government in trust vote after JD(U) parted ways with BJP.
Congress General Secretary and in-charge of Bihar affairs CP Joshi had said that voting in favour of Nitish Kumar was "tactical" and the party would not hesitate to agitate against his government on public issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH