Congress leader Mahavir Chaudhary passes away
Patna: Veteran Congress leader and former minister Mahavir Chaudhary passed away at a private hospital here after prolonged illness.
He was 90.
Chaudhary is survived by his wife and five sons, said his son and Bihar Congress President Ashok Chaudhary.
Chaudhary represented four assembly constituencies - Rajauli, Jehanabad (SC), Makhdumpur and Barbigha - for eight terms in an illustrious career spanning four decades and also served as minister in Congress governments in Bihar.
He was first elected to the legislative assembly from Rajauli seat in 1961.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar expressed profound grief at the death and said that it caused a huge void in public life.
The departed Congress leader was a tall public figure who toiled for the uplift and welfare of all sections of the society throughout his life, Kumar said in a condolence message.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark