Congress leader Mahavir Chaudhary passes away
Patna: Veteran Congress leader and former minister Mahavir Chaudhary passed away at a private hospital here after prolonged illness.
He was 90.
Chaudhary is survived by his wife and five sons, said his son and Bihar Congress President Ashok Chaudhary.
Chaudhary represented four assembly constituencies - Rajauli, Jehanabad (SC), Makhdumpur and Barbigha - for eight terms in an illustrious career spanning four decades and also served as minister in Congress governments in Bihar.
He was first elected to the legislative assembly from Rajauli seat in 1961.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar expressed profound grief at the death and said that it caused a huge void in public life.
The departed Congress leader was a tall public figure who toiled for the uplift and welfare of all sections of the society throughout his life, Kumar said in a condolence message.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!