Congress, RJD for `friendly fight` in assembly bypoll in Bihar
Patna: The Bihar Congress on Friday announced its decision to take on the RJD in `friendly fight` in the bypoll on five assembly seats in Bihar.
"There will be a `friendly fight` between us (Congress and RJD) in the forthcoming bypoll on five assembly seats in Bihar," Bihar Pradesh Congress Committee (BPCC) President Ashok Chaudhary told reporters.
"We have alliance with the RJD for the parliamentary polls only and not for the bypoll on five assembly seats," Chaudhary said.
He refused to give any reason for the two allies not seeking to work out seat sharing arrangements for the assembly bypoll in Bihar.
The Congress had yesterday unilaterally announced candidature of Sadiq Samdani, Nasaar Ahmad and Manoj Kumar Singh on Kochadhaman, Baisi and Chirayya assembly seats respectively and defended its decision saying that the party had fared well on these three seats in 2010 assembly polls.
The candidates on two remaining assembly seats - Maharajganj and Sahebpur Kamal will be announced soon, he said.
The bypoll on five assembly seats will be held simultaneously with the Lok Sabha polls in Kishanganj, Purnia and East Champaran.
Meanwhile, the BPCC has decided to woo electorate of Bihar by holding `nukkad natak` in 12 parliamentary constituencies being contested by it in Bihar to showcase achievements of the UPA government, Chaudhary said.
The Congress may send `nukkad natak` teams in the parliamentary constituencies being contested by the RJD if a demand was made for it, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed