Congress, RJD for `friendly fight` in assembly bypoll in Bihar
Patna: The Bihar Congress on Friday announced its decision to take on the RJD in `friendly fight` in the bypoll on five assembly seats in Bihar.
"There will be a `friendly fight` between us (Congress and RJD) in the forthcoming bypoll on five assembly seats in Bihar," Bihar Pradesh Congress Committee (BPCC) President Ashok Chaudhary told reporters.
"We have alliance with the RJD for the parliamentary polls only and not for the bypoll on five assembly seats," Chaudhary said.
He refused to give any reason for the two allies not seeking to work out seat sharing arrangements for the assembly bypoll in Bihar.
The Congress had yesterday unilaterally announced candidature of Sadiq Samdani, Nasaar Ahmad and Manoj Kumar Singh on Kochadhaman, Baisi and Chirayya assembly seats respectively and defended its decision saying that the party had fared well on these three seats in 2010 assembly polls.
The candidates on two remaining assembly seats - Maharajganj and Sahebpur Kamal will be announced soon, he said.
The bypoll on five assembly seats will be held simultaneously with the Lok Sabha polls in Kishanganj, Purnia and East Champaran.
Meanwhile, the BPCC has decided to woo electorate of Bihar by holding `nukkad natak` in 12 parliamentary constituencies being contested by it in Bihar to showcase achievements of the UPA government, Chaudhary said.
The Congress may send `nukkad natak` teams in the parliamentary constituencies being contested by the RJD if a demand was made for it, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why