Congress, RJD pounce on Paswan for joining hands with BJP
Patna: Congress and RJD on Friday launched attack on Ramvilas Paswan for "ditching" them and joining hands with BJP, forgetting his hard-hitting comments on Narendra Modi over 2002 riots.
Bihar Congress President Ashok Chaudhary said in a statement here that it reflected "opportunistic" thinking of the dalit leader who has "sacrificed principles for the sake of family interest."
"He has not only lost his credibility but proved that family interest is more supreme for him than principles and commitment towards welfare of dalit samaj," Chaudhary, who himself hails from weaker section, said.
He had resigned from BJP government of Atal Bihari Vajpayee in the name of Godhra riots in 2002 and had since regularly criticised Narendra Modi as communal.
"But, on Friday he has decided to forge alliance with the same BJP and Narendra Modi," he said.
RJD Secretary General Ramkripal Yadav said Paswan has to explain to the people how he has joined hands with BJP which along with Nitish Kumar excluded his (Paswan`s) caste from the lits of mahadalit (poorer among poor in dalit community) in Bihar,".
"The court might have given some decision in his favour in connection with Gujarat riots but Narendra Modi has yet not got clean chit from people`s court. Paswanji has to answer to the masses about his joining hands with same Narendra Modi," the Secretary General of Lalu Prasad`s party said.
RJD dalit leaders Suresh Paswan and Lallan Paswan told reporters that Ramvilas Paswan has played with the interest of the weaker section.
PCC President said the BJP and LJP tie up would have no political impact.
The way they gave 7 seats to Paswan`s party and 3 to Lok Samta Party of rebel JD(U) leader Upendra Kushwaha makes it clear that BJP does not have suitable candidates for 40 Parliamentary seats of Bihar, Chaudhary said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why