Congress rules out pre-poll alliance with any party in Bihar
Patna: Undeterred by the rout in successive assembly and parliamentary polls in Bihar in the past decade, Congress on Tuesday said it will go solo in all future elections in the state.
"The Congress will not enter into pre-poll alliance with any party in Bihar and contest all future polls, including the next general election, on its own," AICC in-charge of Bihar Gulchain Singh Charak said.
The party`s national leadership has decided to go it alone in Bihar as a matter of policy, he said and ruled out tying up with past allies like the RJD and LJP.
RJD and LJP provides outside support to the UPA-II.
Charak, however, said the Congress has an open mind about post-poll alliance with any like-minded party, but it would depend on the political scenario.
He said people of Bihar have realised that regional parties would offer them nothing but `lollipop` and only the Congress could meet their aspirations.
The recent protests greeting Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has indicated that people have become disillusioned with the NDA government as well as the regional parties which had ruled the state for the past two decades, Charak said.
"Congress is the only party that the people of Bihar look up to to shape their destiny and bring prosperity and development in the state, besides addressing various complex socio-economic issues of the state," he said.
Charak denied media reports that Congress high command has directed its state unit not to carry out campaign against the Chief Minister and said Bihar unit had recently launched `Pol Khol` (expose) campaign against the state government after taking consent of the central leadership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- US, North Korea trade barbs over nuclear weapon tests
- Palestinians seek to sue Britain over 1917 vow to Jews
- PM Modi should also be suspended from House for 'inviting ISI to Pathankot', says AAP MP Bhagwant Mann
- MASSIVE! Italian giants Juventus complete USD 104 million transfer of Gonzalo Higuain from Napoli
- Odisha govt has "nexus" with Maoists: BJP probe team