Congress seeks report on two MLAs cross-voting in RS bypoll
Patna: Taking strong note of two MLAs indulging in cross-voting in Rajya Sabha bypoll in Bihar, the Congress High Command has sought a report from state unit for initiating disciplinary action against them, party sources said Friday.
"Bihar Congress had yesterday informed the party central leadership over telephone about cross voting by two party MLAs. The high command asked PCC chief Ashok Choudhary to send a written report in this regard for disciplinary action," state party vice president and media in-charge Prem Chand Mishra told PTI.
Out of four Congress MLAs in Bihar Assembly, two - Tauseef Alam and Afaque Alam - have reportedly voted, defying party direction, for Independent candidates and not for JD(U) nominees to whom the party had committed support.
While Tauseef Alam represents Bahadurganj Assembly seat in Kisanganj district, Afaque Alam is MLA from Kasba in neighbouring Purnea district.
Congress High Command has taken strong note of two MLAs going against party direction and a disciplinary action would be initiated against them, Mishra said.
In a bid to defeat the design of BJP, Congress, RJD and CPI had decided to support JD(U) candidates in the two seats of Rajya Sabha that went to vote yesterday.
The JD(U) candidates--diplomat-turned politician Pawan Varma and Gulam Rasool Balyawi overcame cross-voting and won the election defeating Independents--Anil Sharma, construction baron and Sabir Ali.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday