Congress slams Kaiser for quitting party for `selfish` motive
Patna: Congress Wednesday alleged that senior party leader Chaudhary Mehboob Ali Kaiser joined Lok Janshakti Party merely for selfish motive to contest Khagaria parliamentary seat.
"Kaiser displayed an opportunistic streak by quitting Congress to join the LJP and strengthen the hands of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi merely to fulfil his ambition to contest the Khagaria parliamentary seat," Bihar Pradesh Congress Committee president Ashok Chaudhary said in a statement.
"It was the Congress that gave him all possible positions in public life starting with making him a legislator, minister and the state unit chief in a career spanning over two decades," he said.
He alleged that Kaiser never displayed loyalty and commitment to party ideology by remaining dormant during his stint as the BPCC chief for three years.
On Kaiser`s criticism of Congress and Modi`s praise as "comical", Chaudhary said the former BPCC president`s departure would not affect the party or its prospects in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'