Congress slams Kaiser for quitting party for `selfish` motive
Patna: Congress Wednesday alleged that senior party leader Chaudhary Mehboob Ali Kaiser joined Lok Janshakti Party merely for selfish motive to contest Khagaria parliamentary seat.
"Kaiser displayed an opportunistic streak by quitting Congress to join the LJP and strengthen the hands of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi merely to fulfil his ambition to contest the Khagaria parliamentary seat," Bihar Pradesh Congress Committee president Ashok Chaudhary said in a statement.
"It was the Congress that gave him all possible positions in public life starting with making him a legislator, minister and the state unit chief in a career spanning over two decades," he said.
He alleged that Kaiser never displayed loyalty and commitment to party ideology by remaining dormant during his stint as the BPCC chief for three years.
On Kaiser`s criticism of Congress and Modi`s praise as "comical", Chaudhary said the former BPCC president`s departure would not affect the party or its prospects in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you