Congress slams Kaiser for quitting party for `selfish` motive
Patna: Congress Wednesday alleged that senior party leader Chaudhary Mehboob Ali Kaiser joined Lok Janshakti Party merely for selfish motive to contest Khagaria parliamentary seat.
"Kaiser displayed an opportunistic streak by quitting Congress to join the LJP and strengthen the hands of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi merely to fulfil his ambition to contest the Khagaria parliamentary seat," Bihar Pradesh Congress Committee president Ashok Chaudhary said in a statement.
"It was the Congress that gave him all possible positions in public life starting with making him a legislator, minister and the state unit chief in a career spanning over two decades," he said.
He alleged that Kaiser never displayed loyalty and commitment to party ideology by remaining dormant during his stint as the BPCC chief for three years.
On Kaiser`s criticism of Congress and Modi`s praise as "comical", Chaudhary said the former BPCC president`s departure would not affect the party or its prospects in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble