Congress slams Kaiser for quitting party for `selfish` motive
Patna: Congress Wednesday alleged that senior party leader Chaudhary Mehboob Ali Kaiser joined Lok Janshakti Party merely for selfish motive to contest Khagaria parliamentary seat.
"Kaiser displayed an opportunistic streak by quitting Congress to join the LJP and strengthen the hands of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi merely to fulfil his ambition to contest the Khagaria parliamentary seat," Bihar Pradesh Congress Committee president Ashok Chaudhary said in a statement.
"It was the Congress that gave him all possible positions in public life starting with making him a legislator, minister and the state unit chief in a career spanning over two decades," he said.
He alleged that Kaiser never displayed loyalty and commitment to party ideology by remaining dormant during his stint as the BPCC chief for three years.
On Kaiser`s criticism of Congress and Modi`s praise as "comical", Chaudhary said the former BPCC president`s departure would not affect the party or its prospects in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Tanmay Bhat jokes about Priyanka Chopra’s accent – Here’s her response and it’s cool!
- Kylie Jenner is broke?
- IndiGo flight hits turbulence due to slogans hailing ISIS – Find shocking details here
- Facebook video row: 'Made no mistake,' says Bhagwant Mann in 5-page letter to parliamentary panel
- 'Lights Out' sequel in works