Congress to release report card on failures of Nitish government
Patna: Congress in the state will release a report card highlighting the Nitish Kumar government`s failure on various fronts during its eight-year rule, a party release said here on Friday.
State Congress president Ashok Chaudhary would release the report while in another parallel one, the party will convey to people about how the state government has been indifferent towards implementation of various Central flagship schemes, BPCC spokesperson Premchandra Mishra said in a statement.
The state government`s failure to utilise Central funds by its various departments and rampant corruption and irregularities in implementation of development and welfare schemes will also figure in the Congress`s report card, he said.
Expressing concern at the spate in Maoist activities and terror attacks in Bihar, Mishra said that the Congress will expose the state government`s reluctance to take stringent measures to contain such activities and to ignore the guidelines and directives of the Central government, he said.
Observing that the state government`s performance and image has been badly dented by the ongoing war of words between the JD(U) and BJP leaders after the two erstwhile allies parted ways earlier this year, Mishra said that his party wanted Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to come clean on corruption charges being levelled against his ministers by the Opposition party.
It may be mentioned that the Chief Minister will release his government`s report card next week after completion of eight years in office on November 24 next.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees