Congress to release report card on failures of Nitish government
Patna: Congress in the state will release a report card highlighting the Nitish Kumar government`s failure on various fronts during its eight-year rule, a party release said here on Friday.
State Congress president Ashok Chaudhary would release the report while in another parallel one, the party will convey to people about how the state government has been indifferent towards implementation of various Central flagship schemes, BPCC spokesperson Premchandra Mishra said in a statement.
The state government`s failure to utilise Central funds by its various departments and rampant corruption and irregularities in implementation of development and welfare schemes will also figure in the Congress`s report card, he said.
Expressing concern at the spate in Maoist activities and terror attacks in Bihar, Mishra said that the Congress will expose the state government`s reluctance to take stringent measures to contain such activities and to ignore the guidelines and directives of the Central government, he said.
Observing that the state government`s performance and image has been badly dented by the ongoing war of words between the JD(U) and BJP leaders after the two erstwhile allies parted ways earlier this year, Mishra said that his party wanted Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to come clean on corruption charges being levelled against his ministers by the Opposition party.
It may be mentioned that the Chief Minister will release his government`s report card next week after completion of eight years in office on November 24 next.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble