Congress to release report card on failures of Nitish government
Patna: Congress in the state will release a report card highlighting the Nitish Kumar government`s failure on various fronts during its eight-year rule, a party release said here on Friday.
State Congress president Ashok Chaudhary would release the report while in another parallel one, the party will convey to people about how the state government has been indifferent towards implementation of various Central flagship schemes, BPCC spokesperson Premchandra Mishra said in a statement.
The state government`s failure to utilise Central funds by its various departments and rampant corruption and irregularities in implementation of development and welfare schemes will also figure in the Congress`s report card, he said.
Expressing concern at the spate in Maoist activities and terror attacks in Bihar, Mishra said that the Congress will expose the state government`s reluctance to take stringent measures to contain such activities and to ignore the guidelines and directives of the Central government, he said.
Observing that the state government`s performance and image has been badly dented by the ongoing war of words between the JD(U) and BJP leaders after the two erstwhile allies parted ways earlier this year, Mishra said that his party wanted Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to come clean on corruption charges being levelled against his ministers by the Opposition party.
It may be mentioned that the Chief Minister will release his government`s report card next week after completion of eight years in office on November 24 next.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why