Conspiracy to create power crisis in Bihar: Nitish
Patna: Alleging that a conspiracy has been
hatched to create power crisis in Bihar, Chief Minister Nitish
Kumar on Monday said there were many people who still wanted to
keep the state in darkness.
"There is a conspiracy going on against Bihar. The state
is not getting required power supply from the central pool to
cater to the requirements of its domestic and commercial
consumers. It only shows that some vested interests want to
keep Bihar under darkness" Kumar told reporters on the
sidelines of `Janata Darbar`.
Since the state was facing drought and drinking water
crises, the cut in allocation of electricity from the central
pool to the state would further aggravate the problems, he
Kumar said the state government had handed over the
management of the Kanti Super Thermal Power Plant to NTPC, and
took steps for clearing dues by enhancing the state`s share.
In such a situation, the NTPC should have accelerated the
pace of works on the plant, he added.
"But it is unfortunate that the works have (been) halted
by the NTPC as the authorities want that the old dues be
realised first before ensuring generation," Kumar said.
The state was fully cooperating with the NTPC and
providing more funds for buying electricity from the central
pool, but the dues accumulate because of sudden hike in rate
of electricity supplied to the state, he added.
Referring to the proposed power plant being set up by the
state government in joint venture with the NTPC at Nabinagar
in Aurangabad, Kumar said, his government was considering the
just demands of the farmers on land acquisition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31