Contraband seized in Bihar
Kishanganj: Police Wednesday recovered over 600Grams of contraband brown sugar valued at around Rs.70 lakh from Halim chowk area of Bihar`s Kishanganj district.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team spotted three persons talking about illegal trade of contraband from near graveyard at Halim Chowk area and recovered 600 grams of brown sugar from them, Superintendent of Police, Manoj Kumar said.
On interrogation it came into light that the smugglers had brought brown sugar from Farakka in West Bengal to Kishanganj on way to trade it to either Bangladesh or Nepal, the SP said.
He said the three arrested have been identified as Nazrul Islam and Sanjay Goswami, both hailing from West Bengal Karamdighi area and Md. Shamim from Purnea in Bihar.
Further investigation is on to unravel the racket involved in trade of contraband.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- China telecom giant Huawei first half revenue up 40%
- Iulia Vantur celebrated her birthday with this Bollywood celebrity – Pics inside
- Tour de France 2016: After third title, Chris Froome focuses on Rio Olympics 2016
- Vijay Mallya's 8 luxury cars to be auctioned today
- Journalists visa row: There'll be 'serious consequences', China warns India