Contraband seized in Bihar
Kishanganj: Police Wednesday recovered over 600Grams of contraband brown sugar valued at around Rs.70 lakh from Halim chowk area of Bihar`s Kishanganj district.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team spotted three persons talking about illegal trade of contraband from near graveyard at Halim Chowk area and recovered 600 grams of brown sugar from them, Superintendent of Police, Manoj Kumar said.
On interrogation it came into light that the smugglers had brought brown sugar from Farakka in West Bengal to Kishanganj on way to trade it to either Bangladesh or Nepal, the SP said.
He said the three arrested have been identified as Nazrul Islam and Sanjay Goswami, both hailing from West Bengal Karamdighi area and Md. Shamim from Purnea in Bihar.
Further investigation is on to unravel the racket involved in trade of contraband.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing