Contraband seized in Bihar
Kishanganj: Police Wednesday recovered over 600Grams of contraband brown sugar valued at around Rs.70 lakh from Halim chowk area of Bihar`s Kishanganj district.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team spotted three persons talking about illegal trade of contraband from near graveyard at Halim Chowk area and recovered 600 grams of brown sugar from them, Superintendent of Police, Manoj Kumar said.
On interrogation it came into light that the smugglers had brought brown sugar from Farakka in West Bengal to Kishanganj on way to trade it to either Bangladesh or Nepal, the SP said.
He said the three arrested have been identified as Nazrul Islam and Sanjay Goswami, both hailing from West Bengal Karamdighi area and Md. Shamim from Purnea in Bihar.
Further investigation is on to unravel the racket involved in trade of contraband.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh