Contraband seized in Bihar
Kishanganj: Police Wednesday recovered over 600Grams of contraband brown sugar valued at around Rs.70 lakh from Halim chowk area of Bihar`s Kishanganj district.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team spotted three persons talking about illegal trade of contraband from near graveyard at Halim Chowk area and recovered 600 grams of brown sugar from them, Superintendent of Police, Manoj Kumar said.
On interrogation it came into light that the smugglers had brought brown sugar from Farakka in West Bengal to Kishanganj on way to trade it to either Bangladesh or Nepal, the SP said.
He said the three arrested have been identified as Nazrul Islam and Sanjay Goswami, both hailing from West Bengal Karamdighi area and Md. Shamim from Purnea in Bihar.
Further investigation is on to unravel the racket involved in trade of contraband.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Usher announces new album 'Hard II Love'
- US to look for opportunities to advance India's NSG bid: Barack Obama
- Tunisian parliament approves national united government
- Guess who? This Bollywood veteran is giving Salman Khan serious fitness goals - Pic inside
- North Korea submarine missiles not ready until 2018: Experts