Contractual teachers issue rocks Bihar Assembly
Patna: Both houses of the Bihar Legislature remained disrupted for the third day today on the issue of police lathicharge on agitating contractual teachers with the opposition RJD staging a noisy walkout from the Assembly.
As the Assembly met for the day to take up the Question Hour, senior RJD leader Raghvendra Pratap Singh sought to know from the Chair if it was ready to reconsider the notice of the opposition for an adjournment motion.
Not finding a favourable answer, the RJD members joined by CPI, LJP and Congress members trooped into the well and started shouting slogans against the government demanding withdrawl of FIRs against them besides, seeking pay parity of contractual teachers with regular teachers and regularisation of their job.
The House witnessed pandemonium when members from treasury bench rose from their seats and started shouting against the opposition for trying to politicise contractual teachers issue.
Amid the din, Parliamentary Affairs minister Bijendra Prasad Yadav said since the Supreme Court has taken suo motu notice of the incident and directed the state to reply to it on Monday next, adjournment cannot be taken up.
He said if the Chair deems fit, the government was ready for a two hour special debate on the contractual teachers issue.
Speaker Udai Narayan Chaudhary also mooted this proposal of a two hour special debate which the RJD did not accept and walked out of the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire