Contractual teachers issue rocks Bihar Assembly
Patna: Both houses of the Bihar Legislature remained disrupted for the third day today on the issue of police lathicharge on agitating contractual teachers with the opposition RJD staging a noisy walkout from the Assembly.
As the Assembly met for the day to take up the Question Hour, senior RJD leader Raghvendra Pratap Singh sought to know from the Chair if it was ready to reconsider the notice of the opposition for an adjournment motion.
Not finding a favourable answer, the RJD members joined by CPI, LJP and Congress members trooped into the well and started shouting slogans against the government demanding withdrawl of FIRs against them besides, seeking pay parity of contractual teachers with regular teachers and regularisation of their job.
The House witnessed pandemonium when members from treasury bench rose from their seats and started shouting against the opposition for trying to politicise contractual teachers issue.
Amid the din, Parliamentary Affairs minister Bijendra Prasad Yadav said since the Supreme Court has taken suo motu notice of the incident and directed the state to reply to it on Monday next, adjournment cannot be taken up.
He said if the Chair deems fit, the government was ready for a two hour special debate on the contractual teachers issue.
Speaker Udai Narayan Chaudhary also mooted this proposal of a two hour special debate which the RJD did not accept and walked out of the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- India's ceasefire violations threat to regional peace and security: Nawaz Sharif
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?