Contractual teachers issue rocks Bihar Assembly
Patna: Both houses of the Bihar Legislature remained disrupted for the third day today on the issue of police lathicharge on agitating contractual teachers with the opposition RJD staging a noisy walkout from the Assembly.
As the Assembly met for the day to take up the Question Hour, senior RJD leader Raghvendra Pratap Singh sought to know from the Chair if it was ready to reconsider the notice of the opposition for an adjournment motion.
Not finding a favourable answer, the RJD members joined by CPI, LJP and Congress members trooped into the well and started shouting slogans against the government demanding withdrawl of FIRs against them besides, seeking pay parity of contractual teachers with regular teachers and regularisation of their job.
The House witnessed pandemonium when members from treasury bench rose from their seats and started shouting against the opposition for trying to politicise contractual teachers issue.
Amid the din, Parliamentary Affairs minister Bijendra Prasad Yadav said since the Supreme Court has taken suo motu notice of the incident and directed the state to reply to it on Monday next, adjournment cannot be taken up.
He said if the Chair deems fit, the government was ready for a two hour special debate on the contractual teachers issue.
Speaker Udai Narayan Chaudhary also mooted this proposal of a two hour special debate which the RJD did not accept and walked out of the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today