Contractual teachers issue rocks Bihar Legislative Houses
Patna: Both houses of the Bihar Legislature remained disrupted for the third day on Friday on the issue of police lathicharge on agitating contractual teachers with the opposition RJD staging a noisy walkout from the Assembly.
As the Assembly met for the day to take up the Question Hour, senior RJD leader Raghvendra Pratap Singh sought to know from the Chair if it was ready to reconsider the notice of the opposition for an adjournment motion.
Not finding a favourable answer, the RJD members joined by CPI, LJP and Congress members trooped into the well and started shouting slogans against the government demanding withdrawal of FIRs against them besides, seeking pay parity of contractual teachers with regular teachers and regularisation of their job.
The House witnessed pandemonium when members from treasury bench rose from their seats and started shouting against the opposition for trying to politicise contractual teachers issue.
Amid the din, Parliamentary Affairs minister Bijendra Prasad Yadav said since the Supreme Court has taken suo motu notice of the incident and directed the state to reply to it on Monday next, adjournment cannot be taken up.
He said if the Chair deems fit, the government was ready for a two hour special debate on the contractual teachers issue.
Speaker Udai Narayan Chaudhary also mooted this proposal of a two hour special debate which the RJD did not accept and walked out of the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days