Contractual teachers stir rocks Bihar Legislature
Patna: The contractual teachers agitation and use of force by police on the protesters yesterday rocked the Bihar Legislature with the opposition forcing adjournment of both the houses Wednesday.
As the assembly sat for the day to take up the Question Hour, Leader of Opposition Abdul Bari Siddiqui said he had given a notice for adjournment of the House on the incident of "police high-handedness" on agitating contractual teachers.
Speaker Udai Narayan Chaudhary said the notice was rejected as it was not in conformity with rules.
With the Chair rejecting the adjournment motion plea, the entire opposition, including RJD, Congress, LJP and CPI, trooped into well and started shouting slogans against the government.
Congress Legislature party leader Sadanand Singh said that since use of force on agitating teachers was a sensitive issue, the Speaker should reconsider his decision and allow the notice of adjournment.
On this, minister in-charge for Home Vijay Kumar Chaudhary said the opposition should follow the rule of business which says that once a notice has been rejected by the Chair, it cannot be discussed in the house.
In between the pandemonium, the opposition and treasury indulged in verbal duel.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was not present in the House.
Over two lakh contractual teachers are agitating for regularisation of job and pay parity with permanent teachers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015