Contractual teachers stir rocks Bihar Legislature
Patna: The contractual teachers agitation and use of force by police on the protesters yesterday rocked the Bihar Legislature with the opposition forcing adjournment of both the houses Wednesday.
As the assembly sat for the day to take up the Question Hour, Leader of Opposition Abdul Bari Siddiqui said he had given a notice for adjournment of the House on the incident of "police high-handedness" on agitating contractual teachers.
Speaker Udai Narayan Chaudhary said the notice was rejected as it was not in conformity with rules.
With the Chair rejecting the adjournment motion plea, the entire opposition, including RJD, Congress, LJP and CPI, trooped into well and started shouting slogans against the government.
Congress Legislature party leader Sadanand Singh said that since use of force on agitating teachers was a sensitive issue, the Speaker should reconsider his decision and allow the notice of adjournment.
On this, minister in-charge for Home Vijay Kumar Chaudhary said the opposition should follow the rule of business which says that once a notice has been rejected by the Chair, it cannot be discussed in the house.
In between the pandemonium, the opposition and treasury indulged in verbal duel.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was not present in the House.
Over two lakh contractual teachers are agitating for regularisation of job and pay parity with permanent teachers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog