Contractual teachers stir rocks Bihar Legislature
Patna: The contractual teachers agitation and use of force by police on the protesters yesterday rocked the Bihar Legislature with the opposition forcing adjournment of both the houses Wednesday.
As the assembly sat for the day to take up the Question Hour, Leader of Opposition Abdul Bari Siddiqui said he had given a notice for adjournment of the House on the incident of "police high-handedness" on agitating contractual teachers.
Speaker Udai Narayan Chaudhary said the notice was rejected as it was not in conformity with rules.
With the Chair rejecting the adjournment motion plea, the entire opposition, including RJD, Congress, LJP and CPI, trooped into well and started shouting slogans against the government.
Congress Legislature party leader Sadanand Singh said that since use of force on agitating teachers was a sensitive issue, the Speaker should reconsider his decision and allow the notice of adjournment.
On this, minister in-charge for Home Vijay Kumar Chaudhary said the opposition should follow the rule of business which says that once a notice has been rejected by the Chair, it cannot be discussed in the house.
In between the pandemonium, the opposition and treasury indulged in verbal duel.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was not present in the House.
Over two lakh contractual teachers are agitating for regularisation of job and pay parity with permanent teachers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!