Contractual teachers stir rocks Bihar Legislature
Patna: The contractual teachers agitation and use of force by police on the protesters yesterday rocked the Bihar Legislature with the opposition forcing adjournment of both the houses Wednesday.
As the assembly sat for the day to take up the Question Hour, Leader of Opposition Abdul Bari Siddiqui said he had given a notice for adjournment of the House on the incident of "police high-handedness" on agitating contractual teachers.
Speaker Udai Narayan Chaudhary said the notice was rejected as it was not in conformity with rules.
With the Chair rejecting the adjournment motion plea, the entire opposition, including RJD, Congress, LJP and CPI, trooped into well and started shouting slogans against the government.
Congress Legislature party leader Sadanand Singh said that since use of force on agitating teachers was a sensitive issue, the Speaker should reconsider his decision and allow the notice of adjournment.
On this, minister in-charge for Home Vijay Kumar Chaudhary said the opposition should follow the rule of business which says that once a notice has been rejected by the Chair, it cannot be discussed in the house.
In between the pandemonium, the opposition and treasury indulged in verbal duel.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was not present in the House.
Over two lakh contractual teachers are agitating for regularisation of job and pay parity with permanent teachers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy