Cop`s wife suffers burn injuries after set afire by criminals
Bhagalpur: The wife of an Assistant
Sub-Inspector (ASI) sustained burn injuries after she was set
on fire by a gang of criminals in Babupur village under
in Bihar`s Bhagalpur district, police said on Sunday.
The gang raided the ASI Siyaram Mishra`s house
last night and set on fire his wife, Krishna, by dousing her
with kerosene after she put up resistance, the sources said.
The gang also burnt documents related to landed
propety, they said.
The injured woman was rushed to Jawahar Lal Nehru
Medical College-cum-Hospital for treatment, the sources said.
A case has been registered against unidentified
criminals at Barahat police station and a manhunt launched to
nab the culprits, they added.
Mishra is presently posted in Pakur district of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Awwdorable: Vivek Dahiya singing 'Lag Ja Gale' to Divyanka Tripathi will melt your heart – Watch
- Here's PV Sindhu's REPLY to Telangana deputy CM who offered her a 'better coach' than Pullela Gopichand