Cop`s wife suffers burn injuries after set afire by criminals
Bhagalpur: The wife of an Assistant
Sub-Inspector (ASI) sustained burn injuries after she was set
on fire by a gang of criminals in Babupur village under
in Bihar`s Bhagalpur district, police said on Sunday.
The gang raided the ASI Siyaram Mishra`s house
last night and set on fire his wife, Krishna, by dousing her
with kerosene after she put up resistance, the sources said.
The gang also burnt documents related to landed
propety, they said.
The injured woman was rushed to Jawahar Lal Nehru
Medical College-cum-Hospital for treatment, the sources said.
A case has been registered against unidentified
criminals at Barahat police station and a manhunt launched to
nab the culprits, they added.
Mishra is presently posted in Pakur district of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth