Copters to be searched to prevent ferrying cash in Bihar: EC
Bhagalpur (Bihar): Chief Election
Commissioner S Y Qureshi on Tuesday said the Election Commission
had ordered thorough search of helicopters being used by
political leaders in Bihar following complaints that these
were being `misutilised` for ferrying cash.
"We have ordered thorough search of the choppers being
used by leaders at the state hangar and also at the places of
arrival and departure during their movement," Qureshi told
reporters after reviewing poll preparations for the first and
fourth phase in the state`s Bhagalpur division.
The strict measures followed complaints to the EC that
these helicoptors, hired for the purpose of campaigning, were
being `misutilised` for transportation of money from one place
to another for election purposes.
Qureshi informed the EC had removed `dozens of
tainted police officers,` besides civil officials, from
Referring to some errors in the voters` list and
Photo Identity Cards, the CEC said those whose photographs
would be found to be genuine would be allowed to exercise
"And those, having not secured EPICs, can use one of
the 14 options for voting," he said.
To ensure free, fair and peaceful polls, Qureshi
said, any fund crunch would in no way be allowed to affect
He said the EC had introduced `single window system`
for political parties for use of money and they were also free
for making small expenses in cash.
Qureshi earlier expressed satisfaction over the steps
taken for ensuring free and fair poll in the division during
the meeting with the top state officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now