Corrupt will land in jails, houses to be used for schools: Nitish
Biharsharif: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish
Kumar on Tuesday promised to end corruption by putting corrupt
officials behind bars and using their buildings for running
"We have enacted a legislation which provides for
confiscation of properties and houses owned by corrupt public
servants", Kumar told an election rally while canvassing
support for the NDA nominee for Biharsharif Assembly
constituency in Nalanda district.
"The corrupt will be put in jails and we will
use their houses to run the much needed schools so that our
next generations have a good future," he said.
He called upon the people to give a bigger mandate to
the NDA to serve the state once again so that he could
complete the pending development work.
"I promise to light up every village of the state by
2015--the end of my next term. The NDA government has
tried to improve power scenario by reviving Kanti and Barauni
thermal power stations", he said, promising to add more such
Kumar also listed the achievements of his
government during the past five years and said the cycle
distribution scheme for girls and boys was a "big hit".
Referring to the steps taken by his government towards
empowerment of women, the Chief Minister said the state
government`s decision to provide for 50 per cent reservation
for women in panchayati raj institutions and urban bodies had
been widely appreciated and even it was being adopted in a
state like Kerala where the literacy rate was very high.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video