Corruption in Bihar institutionalized during NDA rule: MLA
Patna: Former Minister and senior JD(U) MLA Chhedi Paswan on Friday alleged that corruption has been institutionalized in Bihar during the NDA government headed by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
"The NDA government has been drowned neck deep into corruption and the scourge has been institutionalized so much that preparation of the Detailed Project Report (DPR) of one km road project costs Rs 50 lakhs," he said at a function here.
Scams have taken place in repair and maintenance of the zamindari dams (Rs 500 crore), welfare schemes for APL/BPL families and implementation of Indira Avas Yojana (IAY) under which the deserving people have been deprived of assistance for construction of pucca houses and the benefits have gone to those influential people owing `pucca` houses, Paswan, who represents Mohania assembly seat from Kaimur district, alleged.
The state government has claimed to spent crores of rupees for alleviation of poverty in Bihar, but the fact remained that 52 lakh people have migrated outside for livelihood, the rebel JD(U) MLA said and claimed that most of poor people have slumped to acute poverty during the NDA rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Actor-politician Ramya says 'Pakistan not hell', faces sedition charge
- After NEET, govt works on National Authority for Testing for engineering admissions
- SHOCKING! Hyderabad woman arrested for carrying 2 Kg gold in her underwear at Delhi airport
- Thailand military court opens trial in Bangkok shrine blast
- How to overcome your jetlag?