Counting for Bihar elections from 8 AM Wednesday
Patna: Counting of votes for all the 243
Assembly constituencies in Bihar will take place at 8 AM
Wednesday amidst tight security arrangements.
Counting for the Banka parliamentary constituency,
where a by-election was held, will be taken up simultaneously,
Additional Chief Electoral Officer Kumar Anshumali said.
Counting will be held at 42 counting centres, mostly
in the district headquarters towns, where exclusive deployment
of central para-military forces has been made, he said.
For each of the 243 constituencies, there will be 14
tables each manned by two counting staff and a special
counting micro observer, he said.
The EVMs brought from strong rooms will be opened
under the supervision of senior officials, observers and
Election Commission authorities from 8 AM.
The EC`s official website will update the trends
Among prominent contestants are former chief minister
Rabri Devi, who contested from Raghopur and Sonepur.
Senior JD(U) ministers who contested are Vijendra
Prasad Yadav, Narendra Narayan Yadav, Renu Kumari Kushwaha,
Hari Prasad Sao, Gautam Singh, and Damodar Raut.
Other BJP ministers are Nand Kishore Yadav, Ashwini
Kumar Choubey,Renu Kumari, Awadhesh Narayan Singh.
The fate of state presidents Vijay Kumar Choudhary
(JD-U), Choudhary Mehboob Ali Kaiser Congress), Abdul Bari
Siddiqui (RJD) and Pashupati Kumar Paras (LJP) will also be
Of the 3,523 contestants, 308 are women. While 1,324
contested as Independents, 956 were fielded by unrecognised
National and regional parties fielded 1,225
candidates. The Congress was the only party which fielded its
candidates in all 243 constituencies followed by the BSP which
contested 239 seats.
The JD(U) contested 141 seats and its ally BJP 102.
RJD contested on 168 seats and ally LJP in 75.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state