Counting for Bihar elections from 8 AM Wednesday
Patna: Counting of votes for all the 243
Assembly constituencies in Bihar will take place at 8 AM
Wednesday amidst tight security arrangements.
Counting for the Banka parliamentary constituency,
where a by-election was held, will be taken up simultaneously,
Additional Chief Electoral Officer Kumar Anshumali said.
Counting will be held at 42 counting centres, mostly
in the district headquarters towns, where exclusive deployment
of central para-military forces has been made, he said.
For each of the 243 constituencies, there will be 14
tables each manned by two counting staff and a special
counting micro observer, he said.
The EVMs brought from strong rooms will be opened
under the supervision of senior officials, observers and
Election Commission authorities from 8 AM.
The EC`s official website will update the trends
Among prominent contestants are former chief minister
Rabri Devi, who contested from Raghopur and Sonepur.
Senior JD(U) ministers who contested are Vijendra
Prasad Yadav, Narendra Narayan Yadav, Renu Kumari Kushwaha,
Hari Prasad Sao, Gautam Singh, and Damodar Raut.
Other BJP ministers are Nand Kishore Yadav, Ashwini
Kumar Choubey,Renu Kumari, Awadhesh Narayan Singh.
The fate of state presidents Vijay Kumar Choudhary
(JD-U), Choudhary Mehboob Ali Kaiser Congress), Abdul Bari
Siddiqui (RJD) and Pashupati Kumar Paras (LJP) will also be
Of the 3,523 contestants, 308 are women. While 1,324
contested as Independents, 956 were fielded by unrecognised
National and regional parties fielded 1,225
candidates. The Congress was the only party which fielded its
candidates in all 243 constituencies followed by the BSP which
contested 239 seats.
The JD(U) contested 141 seats and its ally BJP 102.
RJD contested on 168 seats and ally LJP in 75.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demand ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!