Counting for Bihar elections from 8.00 am on Wednesday
Patna: Counting of votes for all the 243
Assembly constituencies in Bihar will take place at 8.00 am
on Wednesday amidst tight security arrangements.
Counting for the Banka parliamentary constituency,
where a by-election was held, will be taken up simultaneously,
Additional Chief Electoral Officer Kumar Anshumali said
Counting will be held at 42 counting centres, mostly
in the district headquarters towns, where exclusive deployment
of central paramilitary forces has been made, he said.
For each of the 243 constituencies, there will be 14
tables each manned by two counting staff and a special
counting micro observer, he said.
The EVMs brought from strong rooms will be opened
under the supervision of senior officials, observers and
Election Commission authorities from 8.00 am.
The EC`s official website will update the trends
Among prominent contestants are former chief minister
Rabri Devi, who contested from Raghopur and Sonepur.
Senior JD(U) ministers who contested are Vijendra
Prasad Yadav, Narendra Narayan Yadav, Renu Kumari Kushwaha,
Hari Prasad Sao, Gautam Singh, and Damodar Raut.
Other BJP ministers are Nand Kishore Yadav, Ashwini
Kumar Choubey, Renu Kumari, Awadhesh Narayan Singh.
The fate of state presidents Vijay Kumar Choudhary
(JD-U), Choudhary Mehboob Ali Kaiser Congress), Abdul Bari
Siddiqui (RJD) and Pashupati Kumar Paras (LJP) will also be
Of the 3,523 contestants, 308 are women. While 1,324
contested as Independents, 956 were fielded by unrecognised
National and regional parties fielded 1,225
candidates. The Congress was the only party which fielded its
candidates in all 243 constituencies followed by the BSP which
contested 239 seats.
The JD(U) contested 141 seats and its ally BJP 102.
RJD contested on 168 seats and ally LJP in 75.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi