Counting for Bihar elections from 8.00 am on Wednesday
Patna: Counting of votes for all the 243
Assembly constituencies in Bihar will take place at 8.00 am
on Wednesday amidst tight security arrangements.
Counting for the Banka parliamentary constituency,
where a by-election was held, will be taken up simultaneously,
Additional Chief Electoral Officer Kumar Anshumali said
Counting will be held at 42 counting centres, mostly
in the district headquarters towns, where exclusive deployment
of central paramilitary forces has been made, he said.
For each of the 243 constituencies, there will be 14
tables each manned by two counting staff and a special
counting micro observer, he said.
The EVMs brought from strong rooms will be opened
under the supervision of senior officials, observers and
Election Commission authorities from 8.00 am.
The EC`s official website will update the trends
Among prominent contestants are former chief minister
Rabri Devi, who contested from Raghopur and Sonepur.
Senior JD(U) ministers who contested are Vijendra
Prasad Yadav, Narendra Narayan Yadav, Renu Kumari Kushwaha,
Hari Prasad Sao, Gautam Singh, and Damodar Raut.
Other BJP ministers are Nand Kishore Yadav, Ashwini
Kumar Choubey, Renu Kumari, Awadhesh Narayan Singh.
The fate of state presidents Vijay Kumar Choudhary
(JD-U), Choudhary Mehboob Ali Kaiser Congress), Abdul Bari
Siddiqui (RJD) and Pashupati Kumar Paras (LJP) will also be
Of the 3,523 contestants, 308 are women. While 1,324
contested as Independents, 956 were fielded by unrecognised
National and regional parties fielded 1,225
candidates. The Congress was the only party which fielded its
candidates in all 243 constituencies followed by the BSP which
contested 239 seats.
The JD(U) contested 141 seats and its ally BJP 102.
RJD contested on 168 seats and ally LJP in 75.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!