Country`s growth depends on special status to Biha
Darbhanga: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday said that granting special status to the state will accelerate economic growth in the country.
"I firmly believe that the Centre will have to accord special status to Bihar if it wants to boost the economic growth in the country," Kumar told a public meeting here during his two-day `Seva Yatra`.
Adding that the country`s growth cannot achieve the desired result if Bihar lags behind in terms of development, Nitish said, "Demand for special status to Bihar should be looked as the right of the people of the state."
The Centre has set up a six-member committee under chief economic adviser Raghuram Rajan to frame new criteria for backwardness and "special category status" for states.
The panel will submit its report within two months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!