Country`s growth depends on special status to Biha
Darbhanga: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday said that granting special status to the state will accelerate economic growth in the country.
"I firmly believe that the Centre will have to accord special status to Bihar if it wants to boost the economic growth in the country," Kumar told a public meeting here during his two-day `Seva Yatra`.
Adding that the country`s growth cannot achieve the desired result if Bihar lags behind in terms of development, Nitish said, "Demand for special status to Bihar should be looked as the right of the people of the state."
The Centre has set up a six-member committee under chief economic adviser Raghuram Rajan to frame new criteria for backwardness and "special category status" for states.
The panel will submit its report within two months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Curfew continues across Kashmir Valley as separatists extend shutdown till Monday
- France committed to leading Israel-Palestine talks: Hollande
- US sues Pennsylvania town for ban on building mosque
- Turkey temporarily suspends human rights convention after failed coup
- 'Don't abandon search for MH370,' plead families of victims