Couple commits suicide within hours of marriage
Kishanganj: A young couple allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison within hours of getting married at Bishanpur in Kishanganj district of Bihar, police said on Monday.
The boy and the girl entered into the wedlock at a temple last night, but chose to commit suicide soon after by consuming poison fearing that their respective parents would not accept their inter-caste marriage.
Bodies of the couple were recovered from some distance away from the temple this morning.
Police is investigating the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Revealed! How Diana Penty prepped up for her character in 'Happy Bhag Jayegi' – Details inside
- No more surge pricing for Ola, Uber, others; all taxis to charge govt-set fares in Delhi from today
- Flood situation remains grim in UP, MP and Bihar; Ganga flowing above danger mark
- Grand welcome back home: PV Sindhu, Pullela Gopichand thank Telangana government for wonderful reception
- Imtiaz Ali permitted Shah Rukh Khan to upload this picture from the sets of 'The Ring'! – View inside