Couple commits suicide within hours of marriage
Kishanganj: A young couple allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison within hours of getting married at Bishanpur in Kishanganj district of Bihar, police said on Monday.
The boy and the girl entered into the wedlock at a temple last night, but chose to commit suicide soon after by consuming poison fearing that their respective parents would not accept their inter-caste marriage.
Bodies of the couple were recovered from some distance away from the temple this morning.
Police is investigating the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Facebook hires top ex-Google executive for internet projects
- Want a better life? Practice these 5 habits – Watch video
- Toyota launches new engine facility in Bengaluru
- Rio-bound boxer Manoj Kumar reaches out to PM Narendra Modi – Here's why
- Subramanian Swamy denies targeting Arun Jaitley, says he looks very smart in a coat