Couple commits suicide within hours of marriage
Kishanganj: A young couple allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison within hours of getting married at Bishanpur in Kishanganj district of Bihar, police said on Monday.
The boy and the girl entered into the wedlock at a temple last night, but chose to commit suicide soon after by consuming poison fearing that their respective parents would not accept their inter-caste marriage.
Bodies of the couple were recovered from some distance away from the temple this morning.
Police is investigating the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players