Couple commits suicide within hours of marriage
Kishanganj: A young couple allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison within hours of getting married at Bishanpur in Kishanganj district of Bihar, police said on Monday.
The boy and the girl entered into the wedlock at a temple last night, but chose to commit suicide soon after by consuming poison fearing that their respective parents would not accept their inter-caste marriage.
Bodies of the couple were recovered from some distance away from the temple this morning.
Police is investigating the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption