Court extends judicial remand of 2 accused in Patna blasts
Patna/Darbhanga: A court on Monday extended the judicial remand of Patna blasts accused Tabish Nyaz and Imtiyaz Alam alias Ansari for 14 days.
The designated NIA judge, Anil Kumar Singh, passed the order extending judicial remand of Nyaz and Alam till December nine.
The two were produced in the court under tight security and taken back to the Beur jail after extension of their judicial remand.
Nyaz was arrested from Motihari days after the blasts, while Alam was arrested from the Patna railway junction on the day of the terror attack in the state on October 27 coinciding with the BJP`s `hunkar rally` leaving seven people dead and scores injured.
Meanwhile, a report from Darbhanga said that a terror suspect Mehr-e-Alam and his father Md. Alam were interrogated by a NIA team at their village Sidhauli in Darbhanga district in connection with the serial blasts.
The NIA team also questioned another suspect Md. Ali, arrested from Kolkata in a hawala racket, and Mariam Khatun the mother of his cousin Md. Khurram at Laheriasarai police station in the same district for the serial blasts, NIA Inspector B.B. Pathak said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared shortly. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in