Court extends judicial remand of 2 accused in Patna blasts
Patna/Darbhanga: A court on Monday extended the judicial remand of Patna blasts accused Tabish Nyaz and Imtiyaz Alam alias Ansari for 14 days.
The designated NIA judge, Anil Kumar Singh, passed the order extending judicial remand of Nyaz and Alam till December nine.
The two were produced in the court under tight security and taken back to the Beur jail after extension of their judicial remand.
Nyaz was arrested from Motihari days after the blasts, while Alam was arrested from the Patna railway junction on the day of the terror attack in the state on October 27 coinciding with the BJP`s `hunkar rally` leaving seven people dead and scores injured.
Meanwhile, a report from Darbhanga said that a terror suspect Mehr-e-Alam and his father Md. Alam were interrogated by a NIA team at their village Sidhauli in Darbhanga district in connection with the serial blasts.
The NIA team also questioned another suspect Md. Ali, arrested from Kolkata in a hawala racket, and Mariam Khatun the mother of his cousin Md. Khurram at Laheriasarai police station in the same district for the serial blasts, NIA Inspector B.B. Pathak said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan