Court issues NBW against BDO among 7 persons
Araria: A court in Bihar`s Araria district friday issued a Non-Bailable Warrant (NBW) against seven persons including a Block Development Officer (BDO) in connection with a case lodged against them for recruitment of a Nepalese citizen as a contractual teacher.
Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) B K Tripathi issued the arrest warrant against the Narpatganj BDO Jago Das, Block Education Officer (BEO) Abhichand Ram, Nawabganj panchayat`s ex-Mukhiya Arvind Kumar, Panchayat Secretary Jeevachhlal Sharma, Nepalese citizen Vandana Vindyavasini, Manju Kumari and Phulkaha panchayat school teacher Subodh Kumar Gupta on a case lodged by a social worker Ranjit Kumar Thakur.
Thakur, members of the district unit of an NGO Manvadhikar Sanrakshan Pratisthan, had lodged a complaint case the local alleging that the accused persons had recruited Vidyavasini as a contractual teacher in a primary school in Nawabganj panchayat two years ago in a fraudulent manner despite being aware of the fact that she was a Nepalese citizen.
The petitioner claimed that he had gathered relevant information about recruitment of the Nepalese citizen as contractual teacher through information collected from the local authorities under the Right to Information Act (RTI).
The then Forbesganj Sub-Divisional Officer (SDO) G.D. Singh had probed the allegation to be true during probe and ordered registration of an FIR against the BDO and the BEO among others, but no no action was taken against the accused persons that prompted Thakur to lodge a complaint case with the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam