Court issues NBW against BDO among 7 persons
Araria: A court in Bihar`s Araria district friday issued a Non-Bailable Warrant (NBW) against seven persons including a Block Development Officer (BDO) in connection with a case lodged against them for recruitment of a Nepalese citizen as a contractual teacher.
Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) B K Tripathi issued the arrest warrant against the Narpatganj BDO Jago Das, Block Education Officer (BEO) Abhichand Ram, Nawabganj panchayat`s ex-Mukhiya Arvind Kumar, Panchayat Secretary Jeevachhlal Sharma, Nepalese citizen Vandana Vindyavasini, Manju Kumari and Phulkaha panchayat school teacher Subodh Kumar Gupta on a case lodged by a social worker Ranjit Kumar Thakur.
Thakur, members of the district unit of an NGO Manvadhikar Sanrakshan Pratisthan, had lodged a complaint case the local alleging that the accused persons had recruited Vidyavasini as a contractual teacher in a primary school in Nawabganj panchayat two years ago in a fraudulent manner despite being aware of the fact that she was a Nepalese citizen.
The petitioner claimed that he had gathered relevant information about recruitment of the Nepalese citizen as contractual teacher through information collected from the local authorities under the Right to Information Act (RTI).
The then Forbesganj Sub-Divisional Officer (SDO) G.D. Singh had probed the allegation to be true during probe and ordered registration of an FIR against the BDO and the BEO among others, but no no action was taken against the accused persons that prompted Thakur to lodge a complaint case with the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka