Court issues NBW against JD(U) MLA
Araria: A court in Bihar`s Araria district on Wednesday issued a Non Bailable Warrant (NBW) against JD(U) MLA Safaraz Alam in a case of assaulting and looting a petrol pump owner ten years ago.
The first class judicial magistrate PK Ratan passed the order after the JD(U) legislator failed to appear before the court during the hearing of the case.
Petrol pump owner Sanjay Mishra had lodged a case at Nagar police station against Alam and his associates for assaulting him and looting cash from him from the bus stand road area in Araria town in 2002.
Alam, son of former union minister Md Taslimuddin, represents Jokihat Assembly seat in the state Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days