Court orders registration of case against Raj Thackeray
Bettiah: A district court here on Monday ordered registration of case against MNS chief Raj Thackeray for his comments blaming "Bihari" migrants for the recent case of gang-rape of a girl in New Delhi.
Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) Manoj Kumar Singh of West Champaran district issued the order on a complaint filed by an advocate against the chief of Maharashtra Navnirman Sena.
The CJM ordered the town police station to register a case against Thackeray under CRPC 156 III (police officer`s power to investigate cognisable case).
The lawyer alleged that the MNS chief through his provocative statement threatened the national unity and integrity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown