Court orders registration of case against Raj Thackeray
Bettiah: A district court here on Monday ordered registration of case against MNS chief Raj Thackeray for his comments blaming "Bihari" migrants for the recent case of gang-rape of a girl in New Delhi.
Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) Manoj Kumar Singh of West Champaran district issued the order on a complaint filed by an advocate against the chief of Maharashtra Navnirman Sena.
The CJM ordered the town police station to register a case against Thackeray under CRPC 156 III (police officer`s power to investigate cognisable case).
The lawyer alleged that the MNS chief through his provocative statement threatened the national unity and integrity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach