Court orders registration of FIR against Lalu`s brother-in-law
Patna: A Bihar court on Monday ordered
registration of an FIR against RJD supremo Lalu Prasad`s
brother-in-law and Rajya Sabha member Subhash Prasad Yadav,
his wife Renu Devi and three others on the charge of
kidnapping a liquor shop employee in the state capital.
Chief Judicial Magistrate S P Singh took cognizance of
the complaint filed by Umesh Singh, the employee who had
alleged that the five, including Yadav, had kidnapped him when
he had gone to demand payment of dues for liquor bought by
Singh asked the Senior Superintendent of Police
(Patna) to direct the Jakkanpur police station here to lodge
an FIR for kidnapping against them and submit the
investigation report to the court.
Umesh Singh had on April 28, 2010 moved the court
seeking a probe into the charges levelled by him against
Subhash Yadav and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information