Court orders release of two Patna blast suspects
Patna: A special court in Bihar has ordered the release of two suspects in the October 2013 Patna serial blasts as the National Investigation Agency (NIA) has failed to file a chargesheet against them, police said Tuesday.
"The court has ordered to immediately release two suspects - Mohammed Raju and Anil Pandey from Beur jail in Patna," a police official said here.
Both Raju and Pandey were arrested from Raipur in Chattishgarh after the Patna blasts.
"Both would be released from the jail either Tuesday or Wednesday," police said.
Police officials said the NIA has failed to file chargesheet against five suspects - Tahseen Akhtar, Mohammed Raju, Anil Pandey, Abu Faisal and Aslam Perwez in the special court last week.
At least six people were killed and scores injured when bombs exploded near Gandhi Maidan ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s Lok Sabha election rally last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan