Court orders release of two Patna blast suspects
Patna: A special court in Bihar has ordered the release of two suspects in the October 2013 Patna serial blasts as the National Investigation Agency (NIA) has failed to file a chargesheet against them, police said Tuesday.
"The court has ordered to immediately release two suspects - Mohammed Raju and Anil Pandey from Beur jail in Patna," a police official said here.
Both Raju and Pandey were arrested from Raipur in Chattishgarh after the Patna blasts.
"Both would be released from the jail either Tuesday or Wednesday," police said.
Police officials said the NIA has failed to file chargesheet against five suspects - Tahseen Akhtar, Mohammed Raju, Anil Pandey, Abu Faisal and Aslam Perwez in the special court last week.
At least six people were killed and scores injured when bombs exploded near Gandhi Maidan ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s Lok Sabha election rally last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000