Court orders release of two Patna blast suspects
Patna: A special court in Bihar has ordered the release of two suspects in the October 2013 Patna serial blasts as the National Investigation Agency (NIA) has failed to file a chargesheet against them, police said Tuesday.
"The court has ordered to immediately release two suspects - Mohammed Raju and Anil Pandey from Beur jail in Patna," a police official said here.
Both Raju and Pandey were arrested from Raipur in Chattishgarh after the Patna blasts.
"Both would be released from the jail either Tuesday or Wednesday," police said.
Police officials said the NIA has failed to file chargesheet against five suspects - Tahseen Akhtar, Mohammed Raju, Anil Pandey, Abu Faisal and Aslam Perwez in the special court last week.
At least six people were killed and scores injured when bombs exploded near Gandhi Maidan ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s Lok Sabha election rally last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Karisma Kapoor just shared a major throwback picture with sister Kareena and we LOVE IT!
- Fungi show green way to recycle batteries
- 7th Pay Commission: Government employees likely to get revised allowances from October
- 'Nervous' Pakistan lodges FIR against Baloch leaders for 'supporting' PM Modi's statement on Balochistan
- Amnesty row: Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara takes U-turn, denies giving clean-chit