Court rejects youth`s bail for threat SMS to kill Bihar CM
Patna: A Bihar court on Tuesday dismissed the
bail prayer of Niraj Kumar Gupta, arrested on charge of
sending SMS to the cell phones of several police officials
threatening to kill Chief Minister Nitish Kumar by October 31
Observing that the charges against the youth was
`very very serious in nature`, Chief Judicial Magistrate S P
Singh rejected Niraj`s application for regular bail.
Niraj, a resident of Gaya, was arrested by police from
Ramkrishna Nagar police station area here on October 23 after
several police officials received SMS, allegedly through
the former`s mobile, threatening to eliminate Kumar.
An FIR was registered against Niraj, currently in
jail, with Ramkrishna Nagar police station in the state
capital on October 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site