Court rejects youth`s bail for threat SMS to kill Bihar CM
Patna: A Bihar court on Tuesday dismissed the
bail prayer of Niraj Kumar Gupta, arrested on charge of
sending SMS to the cell phones of several police officials
threatening to kill Chief Minister Nitish Kumar by October 31
Observing that the charges against the youth was
`very very serious in nature`, Chief Judicial Magistrate S P
Singh rejected Niraj`s application for regular bail.
Niraj, a resident of Gaya, was arrested by police from
Ramkrishna Nagar police station area here on October 23 after
several police officials received SMS, allegedly through
the former`s mobile, threatening to eliminate Kumar.
An FIR was registered against Niraj, currently in
jail, with Ramkrishna Nagar police station in the state
capital on October 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days