Court slaps case against entire police station
Bhopal: A Bhopal court has registered a case against an entire police station after a man claimed he was stabbed by another person in the lockup but cops allegedly tried to pass off his wounds as self-inflicted.
This happened in the Berasia police station in the Madhya Pradesh capital.
Berasia police claimed Bhura alias Mubarik, who is accused of rape, injured himself in the lockup.
But in his statement, registered by Judge Ganga Charan Dubey, Mubarak claimed he was in fact stabbed by Piplesh, a cousin of the girl he allegedly raped.
Mubarik said he was in the lock-up May 5 when Piplesh stabbed him in the presence of police officials.
Dhirendra Srivastava, the doctor who treated Mubarik, also said he was actually stabbed with a knife or some other sharp weapon as the wound was deep. This contradicted the police claim that Mubarak injured himself.
The court found Berasia police guilty under sections 307, 120B, 201, 176, 177, 193 and 196 (A) of the Indian Penal Code and registered a case against the entire police station for fabricating evidence.
"The matter is serious but action would be taken at the government level," Superintendent of Police Abhay Singh told a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- After Mumbai Indians, Krunal and Hardik Pandya to play for new team
- Procedural delay and not failure, says MEA on India's NSG membership issue
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish