Court slaps case against entire police station
Bhopal: A Bhopal court has registered a case against an entire police station after a man claimed he was stabbed by another person in the lockup but cops allegedly tried to pass off his wounds as self-inflicted.
This happened in the Berasia police station in the Madhya Pradesh capital.
Berasia police claimed Bhura alias Mubarik, who is accused of rape, injured himself in the lockup.
But in his statement, registered by Judge Ganga Charan Dubey, Mubarak claimed he was in fact stabbed by Piplesh, a cousin of the girl he allegedly raped.
Mubarik said he was in the lock-up May 5 when Piplesh stabbed him in the presence of police officials.
Dhirendra Srivastava, the doctor who treated Mubarik, also said he was actually stabbed with a knife or some other sharp weapon as the wound was deep. This contradicted the police claim that Mubarak injured himself.
The court found Berasia police guilty under sections 307, 120B, 201, 176, 177, 193 and 196 (A) of the Indian Penal Code and registered a case against the entire police station for fabricating evidence.
"The matter is serious but action would be taken at the government level," Superintendent of Police Abhay Singh told a news agency.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary