Court slaps case against entire police station
Bhopal: A Bhopal court has registered a case against an entire police station after a man claimed he was stabbed by another person in the lockup but cops allegedly tried to pass off his wounds as self-inflicted.
This happened in the Berasia police station in the Madhya Pradesh capital.
Berasia police claimed Bhura alias Mubarik, who is accused of rape, injured himself in the lockup.
But in his statement, registered by Judge Ganga Charan Dubey, Mubarak claimed he was in fact stabbed by Piplesh, a cousin of the girl he allegedly raped.
Mubarik said he was in the lock-up May 5 when Piplesh stabbed him in the presence of police officials.
Dhirendra Srivastava, the doctor who treated Mubarik, also said he was actually stabbed with a knife or some other sharp weapon as the wound was deep. This contradicted the police claim that Mubarak injured himself.
The court found Berasia police guilty under sections 307, 120B, 201, 176, 177, 193 and 196 (A) of the Indian Penal Code and registered a case against the entire police station for fabricating evidence.
"The matter is serious but action would be taken at the government level," Superintendent of Police Abhay Singh told a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested