Court summons Rabri to appear before it on Oct 16
Chapra: A local court on Friday issued
summons to former Chief Minister Rabri Devi to appear before
it in connection with a case relating to remarks made by her
against Chief Minister Nitish Kumar a year back.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Y N Singh who had taken
cognisance of the chargesheet filed by police in the case on
June 14, 2010, summoned Rabri Devi before him on October 16.
Rabri Devi has already obtained regular bail in this
connection after she had surrendered before the court on May
The then Block Development Officer Sandip Kumar
Priyadarshi had lodged an FIR with Amnaul police station
charging Rabri Devi, now leader of opposition in the state
assembly, with making "derogatory remarks" against Kumar and
and former state JD(U) chief Rajiv Ranjan Singh in violation
of the model code of conduct for elections."
Rabri Devi had made the remarks against Nitish and Lalan
in course of campaigning for her husband and RJD supremo
Lalu Prasad in the Saran Lok Sabha constituency on April 4
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- 'Mines Act amendments may spur M&As in cement, steel sectors'
- Hardik Patel offers to give an undertaking for bail, not to do anything that affect law
- Pakistani actors Adnan Siddiqui, Sajal Aly set to debut in Bollywood film!
- Australia lead India as South Africa slip to 6th in ICC Test rankings
- Kerala law student rape and murder: Three detained by police