Court summons Rabri to appear before it on Oct 16
Chapra: A local court on Friday issued
summons to former Chief Minister Rabri Devi to appear before
it in connection with a case relating to remarks made by her
against Chief Minister Nitish Kumar a year back.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Y N Singh who had taken
cognisance of the chargesheet filed by police in the case on
June 14, 2010, summoned Rabri Devi before him on October 16.
Rabri Devi has already obtained regular bail in this
connection after she had surrendered before the court on May
The then Block Development Officer Sandip Kumar
Priyadarshi had lodged an FIR with Amnaul police station
charging Rabri Devi, now leader of opposition in the state
assembly, with making "derogatory remarks" against Kumar and
and former state JD(U) chief Rajiv Ranjan Singh in violation
of the model code of conduct for elections."
Rabri Devi had made the remarks against Nitish and Lalan
in course of campaigning for her husband and RJD supremo
Lalu Prasad in the Saran Lok Sabha constituency on April 4
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH