CP Thakur resigns as Bihar BJP Chief
Patna: In a blow to the BJP ahead of the
Assembly polls, Bihar BJP President C P Thakur on Friday resigned
from the post as he was apparently peeved at the party
leadership for alloting the Digha seat to ally JD (U).
"I have resigned from the post of the state BJP
president. I have sent my resignation to party president Nitin
Gadkari this morning," Thakur said but refused to elaborate.
Party sources said Thakur decided to tender his
resignation as he was unhappy with the decision to allot Digha
Assembly seat in Patna to NDA ally JD(U) under the
seat-sharing arrangement in the wake of the delimitation
Thakur had staked claim for the seat and wanted to
field his son Vivek on a party ticket.
His resignation has dealt a blow to the ruling
NDA in Bihar, where the first phase of assembly polls are
scheduled on October 21, the sources added.
When contacted, BJP leader and Deputy Chief Minister
SK Modi said he was not aware of Thakur`s resignation.
"But one thing I admit at this stage - there has been
discontent among party workers over the Digha seat, for
which we have staked claim," he said.
"As the seat has now gone to the JD(U) share, we will
try to assuage the ruffled feelings of our partymen," he said,
adding BJP had yielded the seat under "compulsion" during
discussions over seat-sharing.
Modi, however, said the bond between BJP and JD (U) was
"very, very strong" and "We will coninue to jointly campaign
for candidates for securing a second term."
Later talking to reporters, Thakur said, "My
sentiments have suffered a jolt ... I don`t command respect in
"What`s the point in holding the post of state
president when my simple request to secure party nomination
for my son has not been fulfilled," Thakur said.
He, however, said he would continue to serve the party
and work for bolstering its poll prospects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'