CPI-M leader joins ruling JD(U)
Patna: The ruling JD(U) in Bihar today
received a shot in the arm with a senior CPI-M leader and
former MP Subodh Rai joining it.
``I am influenced by the initiatives taken by Nitish
Kumar for development and ensuring peace and harmony in the
society ... I wish that Nitish Kumar should return to power
once again,`` Rai told newsmen.
He, however, said he did not harbour any grievance
about the CPI-M leadership and wished the party good luck.
Welcomig him into the party, state JD(U) president
Vijay Kumar Choudhary said his joining would further
strengthen the party in Bihar.
Recalling Rai`s contribution to the Marxist movement, he
said Rai along with his hundreds of supporters joined the
party on the occasion.
On whether he would be contesting assembly elections
from Nathnagar, Rai quickly said he had just joined the party
because of faith in its policy. ``Whatever responsibilities
will be given to me in the party I will accept it with full
Rai was CPI-M Lok Sabha member from Bhagalpur between
1999 and 2004. He was also member of the state legislative
council between 1994 and 1995.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan