CPI-M pledges to implement land reforms committee report
Patna: Charging Nitish Kumar-led NDA
government by capitulating to the might of the landlords by
sweeping under the carpet the interim report of D
Bandopadhyaya committee on land reforms, CPI-M on Wednesday said Left
parties will make the report public and implement the
sharecroppers` right of the land.
The Left parties were committed to implement report on
land reforms as no development could take place nor poverty
alleviation could be accomplished with giving land rights to
the landless people, CPI-M state unit secretary Vijay Kant
Thakur and state committee member Sarvodaya Sharma told
reporters while releasing the party`e election manifesto.
Bihar has about 22 lakh acres of surplus land which
could be distributed among the landless and sharecroppers in
an equitable manner, they said quoting from the Bandopadhyaya
CPI-M leaders further promised a slew of measures like
irrigation, electricity, farm loan on four per cent interest
and better price of various farm products in order to make
agriculture a rewarding profession in the state.
With the state`s population ever growing amid the
prevailing poverty, there was a need for maximising output
from the agriculture sector which inevitably required better
irrigation facilities and allied infrastructure and support,
the CPI-M leaders said.
Besides, there was also a need for setting up
agro-based industries and general industrialisation in the
state to generate employment opportunities for the people who
have, otherwise, been migrating to other states in search of
livelihood, Thakur and Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- BMWs for Rio Champions: Shobhaa De launches SCATHING attack – See her Tweet
- Horribly Sad! Single lightning strike kills 323 reindeers in Norway
- Retiring Tillakaratne Dilshan speaks on lack of support from teammates during his captaincy stint
- MS Dhoni backs Virat Kohli-led team India to claim No. 1 spot in Tests by the end of home season
- I want to play a warrior: Tabu