CPI-ML demands judicial probe into MLA`s death
Patna: The CPI-ML (Liberation) and All
India Progressive Women Association (AIPWA) on Tuesday demanded a judicial probe into circumstances forcing a woman to kill a
ruling BJP MLA and condemned Deputy Chief Minister Sushil
Kumar Modi for calling her a blackmailer.
Several activists of the CPI-ML and AIPWA took out a
procession here seeking adequate protection to assailant Rupam
Pathak, who was hospitalised in Katihar after being beaten up
by the supporters of slain MLA Raj Kishore Keshari.
AIPWA General Secretary Meena Tiwari and state CPI-ML
(Liberation) chief Shashi Yadav told reporters that the
circumstances under which Pathak took the extreme step of
killing the MLA must be probed thoroughly.
"It will be better if a judicial inquiry is ordered by
the state government," Tiwari said.
On Modi calling Pathak "a blackmailer", she said only
an independent probe would unravel the truth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days