CPI-ML launches four-day yatra
Patna: The CPI-ML (Liberation) today
launched a four-day yatra in Bihar to educate the people about
the D Bandhopadhya Commission report on land reforms and the
rights of sharecroppers.
The four day `Bataidar Kisan Adhikar Yatra` would tour
several parts of the state, including Ara, Arwal, Jehanaad,
Siwan and Samstipur and culminate in Patna on May 10, state
secretary of the party Nand Kishore Prasad and politburo
member Ramjatan Sharma told reporters here.
They said the party`s demand was to ensure legal
rights of the sharecroppers and implementation of the D
Bandhopadhya Commission report on land reforms in the state.
The CPI-ML leaders charged Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
with `surrendering` to feudal forces.
The party has decided to launch a movement against
Kumar who at the `behest of landowning class` had dumped the
land reforms panel`s report, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre