CPI-ML workers protest PDS irregularities, attack officials
Gopalganj: The CPI-ML workers ransacked the Block Development Officer (BDO)`s office before attacking local officials leaving three of them injured at Vijaypur block in Bihar`s Gopalganj district on Tuesday, official sources said.
A group of CPI(M-L) workers sitting on dharna suddenly turned violent and ransacked the Vijaypur BDO Dinesh Prasad`s office before pelting stones on local officials leaving the Vijaypur police station`s Officer In-Charge (OIC) JP Mandal, the Circle Officer (CO) Munna Singh and the BDO injured, the sources said.
As the law and order situation appeared to get out of control, the police lathicharged the protesters to disperse them from the Block office, they said.
The District Magistrate Krishna Mohan and the Superintendent of Police (SP) Vinod Kumar Chaudhury later rushed to the spot to inspect the situation, the sources said.
The CPI(M-L) workers were protesting against alleged irregularities in the Public Distribution System (PDS) and black marketing of foodgrains in the villages under Vijaypur block.
The protesters were reportedly also peeved with the local administration for failure to take action against a PDS dealer in the wake of seizure of 70 sacks of PDS rice from his godown recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda