CPI-ML(Liberation) for resolution of land dispute cases
Patna: A fact finding team of CPI-ML
(Liberation) has asked the Nitish Kumar government to get the
Khagaria carnage probed by an independent agency and resolve
all cases pertaining to land-ceiling disputes to avert such a
carnage in the future.
Talking to mediapersons, CPI-ML (Liberation) state
secretary Nand Kishore Prasad said that the insincerity of
Nitish Kumar government to bring the Mahadalits into the
mainstream has been exposed with Mushahars (Mahadalits) being
targeted in Amosi village.
"They are being implicated in false cases," he said.
Prasad demanded that the matter should be probed by an
independent agency and the government should immediately take
back the false cases in which the people of Mushahar community
have been implicated.
Khagaria carnage, where 16 persons were shot dead,
occurred due to the apathetic attitude of the state
administration towards resolution of the land dispute cases,
Dhirendra Jha, head of the three-member CPI-ML(Liberation)
"Had the administration provided possession to the
landless persons who were distributed land under `Bhoodan`,
the incident would not have occurred," Jha said.
Stating that the process of land reforms should be
expedited, Jha said that government should ensure that 165
Mushahars, who were given land slips under Bhoodan, get land
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof