CPI-ML(Liberation) for resolution of land dispute cases
Patna: A fact finding team of CPI-ML
(Liberation) has asked the Nitish Kumar government to get the
Khagaria carnage probed by an independent agency and resolve
all cases pertaining to land-ceiling disputes to avert such a
carnage in the future.
Talking to mediapersons, CPI-ML (Liberation) state
secretary Nand Kishore Prasad said that the insincerity of
Nitish Kumar government to bring the Mahadalits into the
mainstream has been exposed with Mushahars (Mahadalits) being
targeted in Amosi village.
"They are being implicated in false cases," he said.
Prasad demanded that the matter should be probed by an
independent agency and the government should immediately take
back the false cases in which the people of Mushahar community
have been implicated.
Khagaria carnage, where 16 persons were shot dead,
occurred due to the apathetic attitude of the state
administration towards resolution of the land dispute cases,
Dhirendra Jha, head of the three-member CPI-ML(Liberation)
"Had the administration provided possession to the
landless persons who were distributed land under `Bhoodan`,
the incident would not have occurred," Jha said.
Stating that the process of land reforms should be
expedited, Jha said that government should ensure that 165
Mushahars, who were given land slips under Bhoodan, get land
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi