CPI to support Ram Vilas Paswan in Bihar RS poll
Patna: CPI today said its three MLAs will
vote for LJP national president Ram Vilas Paswan in Rajya
The three-member CPI legislature party, comprising
Rajendra Prasad Singh, Ram Naresh Pandey and Ram Vinod Paswan,
will caste votes for Paswan in the Rajya Sabha polls on June
17, CPI state secretary Badri Narayan Lal said.
CPI was of firm view that Rajya Sabha seats should not
be allowed to be won by horse trading, he said referring to
the independent candidate B G Uday.
CPI has decided to support the Dalit leader Paswan for
the ensuing Rajya Sabha polls, Lal said.
The decision to support Paswan in Rajya Sabha polls
was taken at the ongoing National Council of CPI at Hyderabad,
CPI state secretary said.
There are six candidates in the fray for five Rajya
Sabha seats in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery