CPI to support Ram Vilas Paswan in Bihar RS poll
Patna: CPI today said its three MLAs will
vote for LJP national president Ram Vilas Paswan in Rajya
The three-member CPI legislature party, comprising
Rajendra Prasad Singh, Ram Naresh Pandey and Ram Vinod Paswan,
will caste votes for Paswan in the Rajya Sabha polls on June
17, CPI state secretary Badri Narayan Lal said.
CPI was of firm view that Rajya Sabha seats should not
be allowed to be won by horse trading, he said referring to
the independent candidate B G Uday.
CPI has decided to support the Dalit leader Paswan for
the ensuing Rajya Sabha polls, Lal said.
The decision to support Paswan in Rajya Sabha polls
was taken at the ongoing National Council of CPI at Hyderabad,
CPI state secretary said.
There are six candidates in the fray for five Rajya
Sabha seats in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city