CPI to support Ram Vilas Paswan in Bihar RS poll
Patna: CPI today said its three MLAs will
vote for LJP national president Ram Vilas Paswan in Rajya
The three-member CPI legislature party, comprising
Rajendra Prasad Singh, Ram Naresh Pandey and Ram Vinod Paswan,
will caste votes for Paswan in the Rajya Sabha polls on June
17, CPI state secretary Badri Narayan Lal said.
CPI was of firm view that Rajya Sabha seats should not
be allowed to be won by horse trading, he said referring to
the independent candidate B G Uday.
CPI has decided to support the Dalit leader Paswan for
the ensuing Rajya Sabha polls, Lal said.
The decision to support Paswan in Rajya Sabha polls
was taken at the ongoing National Council of CPI at Hyderabad,
CPI state secretary said.
There are six candidates in the fray for five Rajya
Sabha seats in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon