CPI(M) area commander, 2 other ultras held
Motihari/Aurangabad: Three Naxalites, including the CPI(Maoist) `area commander`, were on Thursday arrested from Bihar`s East Champaran and Aurangabad districts,
police officials said.
Acting on a tip off, police arrested the CPI(Maoist) `area commander` Balram Sahni and his associate Bashath Kunwar from Bajhia sahni tola under Kotwa police station area in East Champaran district, the Superintendent of Police (SP) Ganesh
The police raided a hideout and nabbed the ultra duo while they were asleep, he said, adding Sahni was wanted in nine cases of murder and extortion and was carrying a reward of Rs 25,000 on his head.
Another naxalite Ramji Paswan was arrested from a village under Rafiganj police station area in Aurangabad district, the Director General of Police (DGP) Abhayanand said.
Paswan had come to collect levy from a local contractor Raja Singh when the cops arrested him, he said, adding a countrymade rifle was seized from Paswan`s
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report