CPI(M) demands arrest of killers of three dalits in Lakhisarai
Patna: The CPI(M) on Tuesday demanded arrest
of a landlord Krishna Chandra Prasad for his alleged
complicity in the murder of three dalits in Pathua village
in Lakhisarai district on November 18 last.
Charging Prasad with shooting to death three dalits
and injuring two others in order to evict the poor families
from land tilled by them in the village, the CPI(M) state
secretary Vijay Kant Thakur said that the former be arrested
immediately, booked under the crime control act and prosecuted
under a speedy judicial trial.
In order to prevent attacks in future on the dalits of
Pathua and adjoining villages where these poor people have
been inhabiting on open land for decades, the state government
should expeditiously give land rights to them, he said.
The CPI(M) leader also demanded action against the
personnel of Piparia police station for their delayed visit to
the site of the multiple murder and their failure to arrest
Prasad despite the kins of victims naming him as the accused.
The policemen should to taken to task for their failure
to arrest Prasad despite the kins of the victims naming him as
the prime accused in the FIR in the murder case, Thakur said
and demanded that a police picket be set up at Pachua village
to provide protection to the poor people.
The CPI(M) further demanded Rs two lakh compensation
to the kins of each victim and a government job to one member
from their families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren