CPI(M-L) Liberation criticises Nitish Kumar
Patna: The CPI(M-L) Liberation today hit
out at Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar saying he was
``trying to befool the people of Bihar and the minority
community, in particular, by venting his protest against
publication of an old advertisement showing him hand in hand
with his Gujarat counterpart Narendra Modi``.
The CPI(ML) Liberation state secretary Nand Kishor
Prasad said in a statement here, ``it was paradoxical on the
part of the Bihar Chief Minister to appoint himself as a
secular leader and a well-wisher of the minority community
even as he has been running a coalition government with the
BJP in the state for four and a half years.``
The CPI(ML) Liberation leader dared Kumar to sever
ties with the BJP if at all he wanted to establish his
credentials as a secular leader.
Another JD(U)leader and outgoing Rajya Sabha MP Ejaj
Ali today pleaded with the Chief Minister and the JD(U)
leadership to break ties with the BJP and contest the
forthcoming assembly polls on its own by bringing together
the minority, backward and dalit communities in its favour.
Ali said that he had been pleading with the JD(U)
leaders for the past two years to consider the option of
severing ties with the BJP and said that like the Congress,
the saffron party too had designs to swallow smaller parties
in order to make the political system a bipolar one.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25